u/15's rd 18 vs Western Mariners PDF Print E-mail

Round: rd 18 Sponsored by
Vs: Western Mariners
Half Time Score: GRM 0 - Mariners 0
1st Half Scorers:  
2nd Half Scorers:  
Full Time Score: DRAW GRM 0 - Mariners 0

Match Report:

On what was the coldest morning in Bathurst this year we woke up to a frosty -7 degrees. Many of us had made our way to Bathurst the day before and met up at Jack Duggan's Irish Pub for a generous hearty meal and a drink or 2 or 3... We woke up to yet another generous and delicious buffet breakfast at the Rydges Mount Panorama. And after a spin or 2 around the race track the boys were ready for their clash against the Western NSW Mariners.

We met up with the rest of the crew who had made their way there in the morning. By the time we made it to the Proctor Park the weather had warmed up to a cool 3 degrees and most of frost had melted away, but it was still a lot colder than what our boys are used to.

The game kicked off at 11:45, by which time it had warmed up to 8 degrees. The boys started off strong and dominated possession for the first half. Right from the start GRM created scoring opportunities, with Evan, Mitchell and Logan having a shot on goal within the first 10 minutes.
In the 21st minute our midfielders Hadi and Evan created another scoring opportunity with their great passing between strikers Luke and Logan. Logan put a great cross over to Mitchell who went for a header, but was unfortunately given a yellow card unfairly.

The opposition then started to counter attack with a few long balls down the line which were intercepted by our fantastic defence and some tricky saves by Sam.

In the 30th minute Max played a beautiful through ball to Lawrence who had a clear shot at the goal, but was saved by the keeper. At half time the score remained 0-0, which was disappointing considering the number of opportunities the boys had.

The second half started with some fancy footwork from Max. In the 5th minute the opposition were given their second yellow card as one of their defenders tackled Lawrence, as he was on a great run towards the goal. A free kick was given just outside the box and was taken by Max who narrowly missed a fantastic goal by hitting the post.

The boys had most of the possession again in second half and had several chances to score, but failed to convert. The score line remained 0-0 at full time. An overall disappointing result for the boys, who worked very hard despite having travelled far and having beaten the cold. Better luck next week.


Club Sponsors