u/13's rd 10 vs Dunbar Rovers PDF Print E-mail

Round: rd 10 Sponsored by
Vs: Dunbar Rovers
Half Time Score: GRM 0 - Dunbar 2
1st Half Scorers: Dunbar 10th and 15th minute
2nd Half Scorers:  
Full Time Score: LOSS GRM 0 - Dunbar 2 

Match Report:

After overnight rain, the pitch at Magdala was in immaculate condition, all credit to the groundsmen for maintaining and no excuses from either team today, it was perfect match conditions. Dunbar Rovers won the toss and opted to play with their backs to the bright early morning sun.

GRM started sprightly and won an early corner, unfortunately, it came to nothing. GRM’s Mc Leod seemed lively on the left wing and was causing problems for Dunbar in the early exchanges. A few offside decisions against GRM stopped our momentum going forward. Against the run of play, on their first meaningful attack, Dunbar scored through a well-worked move down the left. ending in a good cross into an unmarked player in the 6-yard box, and all he had to do was tap it past the goalie, who was at no fault. 1 nil Dunbar after 10 minutes.

GRM fought back immediately and created a couple of half-chances through the lively Andry, however by the 15th minute it was 2 – 0 to Dunbar Rovers, the goal this time came through a move down the right wing in which the winger got in behind us and cut the ball back for a Dunbar player `to place it in the top right-hand corner, it was a well-worked goal and now it was going to be an uphill battle for GRM to get anything from this game.

GRM kept their heads up and created a couple of chances but to no avail and Gately put in a couple of fair strong tackles to make sure it was not 3-0 at half time. It stayed at 2- 0 until half time.

At the start of the second half, an early chance to Dunbar was diverted due to some excellent last ditch defending, again by Gately. Dunbar looked the more dangerous in the early exchanges and won a corner on the left but nothing came of it. Some nice play by Mc Leod down the right wing saw him run into the box but unfortunately, he could not find a teammate to finish.
Shortly after, again good defending by Pascale was needed to stop Dunbar from creating a one on one with our goalie.

Dunbar was starting to put pressure on us, they were playing a very good pressing game and giving us no time to play and get into a rhythm, once again good defending by Stephens this time broke up a dangerous looking Dunbar move.

Half way through the second half a great chance came for GRM when from a long ball from the back. Duffy was nearly clean through on goal however the Dunbar defender got his foot to the ball to stop the chance. The game started to be opening up now as both sets of boys were getting tired. Mc Leod had a good shot from the right-palmed away by the Dunbar goalie into the six-yard box but unfortunately, no GRM player was following up to put the ball into the empty net.

Pezzano made a great save in the last 10 minutes to keep it at 2- 0, the ball broke to a Dunbar player in the box and he only had Pezzano to beat but he got down very well to keep it out.

GRM, to their credit, never gave up and created an opportunity in the dying minutes when a ball was put across the Dunbar goal from the right, however, no GRM player could get on the end of it. A disappointing loss but the boys kept trying until the last kick of the game.


Club Sponsors